Bistro

BistroMore Info

Specials

5 Dollar SpecialsMore Info

History

The Federal Hotel was built in 1889 after John Gray, who owned the punt at Swan Hill, secured the land and gained a NSW liquor licence. The weatherboard Hotel was completed in 1890, six years before the first lift spam bridge on the Murray was built in 1896. “Puddis” Bistro is named after a former licensee, George Puddicombe, who operated the hotel from 1915 until his death in 1939. Mr Puddicombe was a prominent and popular citizen of Swan Hill for many years. When the hotel was being renovated in the early 2000’s, a brick facade bearing “Puddicombes Federal Hotel” was revealed, and in wanting to retain some history of the hotel, the bistro has been named “Puddis”.

Federal Hotel
Federal Hotel
Federal Hotel
Federal Hotel
Swan Hill